The Catskill Golf Club, located on Brooks Lane in Catskill, New York, is a semi-private facility, incorporated in the State of New York, wholly owned by stockholders, and managed by a nine member Board of Directors.
The original golf course layout, designed by James R. Thompson, was opened for play in 1927. This nine-hole design with alternating tees for front and back nines was unchanged until nine additional holes, designed by William Oettinger, were added in the late 1990's. A formal opening of the full 18 hole layout occurred in 2000. The Club now features four sets of tees, with total yardages ranging from 4842 to 6482, to accommodate all levels of play.
Each year the Club presents a Pro-Am event where golf professionals are teamed with local amateurs in an exciting better ball format. The Berton A. Coons Invitational, a three-day event entering its 55th year in 2013, draws competitors from all over the country and is another highlight of a busy seasonal calendar.
The Club features the Fairways Restaurant, which can accommodate any post-golf respite, from libations to a casual lunch, dinner, or any formal occasion. There is a fully stocked Pro Shop and resident PGA Golf Professional to assist you with all your golfing needs.
- Donna Meo, President
- Dave Champagne, Vice President
- Jane King, Recording Secretary
- Jim Mills, Treasurer
- Mark Rogers, Executive Secretary
- Dave Cole
- Doug Johnson
- Teri Weiss
- Wayne Marquoit
- Steve Blendell, Course Superintendent
- Eric Keeler, Club Professional
- Darlene Schnur, Restaurant Manager
Committes of the Board
- Financial: Meo (C), Mills, Johnson
- Pro / Tournament: Champagne (C), King, Cole
- Greens: Mills, Johnson (T. Vizzie)
- House: Cole (C), Weiss, Meo
- Pool / Tennis: King (C), Meo, Mills
- Nominating: Meo (C), Weiss, Cole
- Membership / Marketing: Weiss (C), King, Champagne< (M. Knull, D. Traficante, C. Jump)
- Newsletter: Weiss
- Website: Open
- Handicap: Champagne